After receiving the Cricut EasyPress 2, I knew I needed to write a overview instantly as a result of I used to be so excited! An enormous a part of crafting can contain stitching, creating motifs, transfers, there are such a lot of methods you need to use one among these instruments. It actually is spectacular. I”m used to utilizing a small damaged ironing board and my very own ‘craft room’ iron. That is been changed and I am thrilled.
Now Cricut are upping the sport with one thing known as Infusible Ink; to take these Vinyl switch concepts to the following degree! Making the undertaking was really easy and I am unable to wait to share the tutorial with you.
Please be aware that this web page could include affiliate hyperlinks
For my tackle this extremely widespread instrument, maintain studying.
Cricut EasyPress 2 Overview; An Spectacular Warmth Press
My Easypress 2
Not too long ago I shared my Cricut Maker machine review and informed you about a big bundle I obtained from Cricut in trade for an trustworthy overview. Now, it’s time for the Easypress 2!
I’ve actually been contemplating one among these for a very long time as each my dad and husband would LOVE to make their very own customized t-shirts. My dad, as a part of a sporting membership he’s with, and my husband as a result of he needs to check out his hilarious jokes on some shirts. I obtained the 6”x7” Easypress 2, the mat, vinyl and infusible ink.
Present Cricut Affords:
All About The EasyPress 2
Why I Mentioned YES To An Easypress 2
Urgent utilizing a conventional iron is a nightmare. Say for instance, you want to use T-Shirt switch materials so as to add a design to a tote. A standard iron heats up intensely in several areas and is totally uneven. Getting access to an Easypress 2 means I’ve entry to an evenly heated plate that received’t doubtlessly destroy my tasks.
What Is The EasyPress2 All About?
What Makes The EasyPress 2 totally different from a Warmth Press or an Iron?
The EasyPress 2, warmth presses and irons all do the identical factor simply barely in a different way. Every instrument has a plate that heats as much as 400°F (mine is in Celcius), however there are just a few notable variations.
How Irons Work For Transfers:
I’ve all the time used irons for urgent till now. They’re nice for urgent cloth due to the steam choice however I might additionally get creases out utilizing water in a twig bottle. The explanation that irons aren’t nice for iron-on vinyl and transfers is that warmth doesn’t distribute evenly throughout the plate. If a design must be pressed with a plate at a selected temperature, there could also be one a part of the iron that hasn’t reached that temperature and both does not switch or ruins the piece.
How Do I Know Which Dimension To Get?
I’ve solely received the 6″ by 7″ and I’ve simply bought the 1.92” x 3.25” machine for the combined media potentialities. Choose the scale that is sensible for you. Do you create principally massive tasks? Possibly you want the biggest press. For small issues like coin purses or applique, the smallest is nice!
The Sizes Out there:
Cricut EasyPress 2 dimension:
- Be sure that to decide on the EasyPress 2 dimension for the crafts that you just make.
- If a warmth plate that’s too large it will likely be very awkward to maneuver on small tasks and might run the danger of uneven urgent over seams.
- Will you journey along with your Cricut EasyPress 2?
- If sure, the machine I received; 6”x7” or the EasyPress Mini is perhaps even higher. I’m genuinely contemplating shopping for one among these for my dad so he can add vinyl decals to guitars he likes to construct. Not solely are they a very good dimension, however they’re additionally light-weight and you will get a carry bag to make it even simpler!
The EasyPress 2 6″x7″ Can Make:
- Child garments
- Storage containers
EasyPress 2 9″x9″ Can Make:
- Smaller T-shirts
- Desk runners
EasyPress 2 12″x10″ could make:
- Bigger T-shirts
- Grownup clothes
Discovering the proper warmth settings is straightforward
Bookmark the Cricut EasyPress Interactive Quick Reference Guide. Select what materials you may be utilizing and also you get the knowledge you want!
It’s doable to obtain as a pdf and print out to place in a binder for fast reference in case you don’t use a pill or your laptop could be sluggish. As soon as you employ the EasyPress, you’ll begin to bear in mind your most-used settings. Often, I do the identical sorts of tasks again and again (infusible ink, vinyl, print and lower vinyl) and I’ve arrange my workspace so it’s all the time able to go.
Execs And Cons
- Units up similar to an iron besides there’s an ‘On’ button
Surprisingly straightforward to make use of after watching this video on the official Cricut Youtube channel
- Heats up rapidly
- Temperature and timing settings had been simply situated
- Beeps when the timer is completed
- It’s straightforward to navigate the controls on the machine
- The bottom retains surfaces protected
- Light-weight sufficient for a woman with a joint dysfunction to make use of
- Spectacular outcomes
- Very handy to make use of in comparison with a warmth press (which I used after I was in faculty)
- It took a number of tries to press on to a pencil case due to the zipper so having the smaller press would have been very helpful however that was person error.
Having the Easypress 2 makes it SO a lot simpler to connect applique, utilizing bondaweb for seams and the craft undertaking potential is immense. It is great!
Remaining Verdict In The Easypress 2
I’ve walked you thru the advantages of the Easypress, the professionals and con. I’m positive you may guess that I extremely suggest utilizing this press. I used to be SO impressed with the outcomes that I instantly ordered the small machine and pastel-coloured holographic materials.