Learn to EASILY flip any stable eraser right into a kneaded eraser + suggestions and tips. That is my favourite sort of eraser and I take advantage of it in virtually all of my tutorials. Since we’re all in quarantine proper now, I do know it will not be straightforward to purchase, so I hope this DIY tutorial helps!
✅ MORE DIY TOOLS YOU CAN MAKE
– How one can make a mixing stump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmstMj8B3xk
✏️ SOLID ERASERS I TESTED IN THIS VIDEO WITH RESULTS!
Notes: I decide how good every eraser is by how effectively it erases (what number of dabs it takes to erase one thing), how effectively it holds its form after I mould it/after I use it to erase one thing. Erasers ranked as mediocre are nonetheless viable, they’re simply much less efficient to work with (eg: it might require extra effort to erase with)
– Sakura Latex-Free, Non-PVC Eraser (Fast to knead. Would not require adhesive. Makes an ideal kneaded eraser.)
– PaperMate PVC-Free Eraser (Fast to knead. Would not want any adhesive. Makes an ideal kneaded eraser): https://amzn.to/2WzKNcs
– Tombow Mono Plastic Eraser (Fast to knead. Considerably crumbly. Wants some adhesive or graphite to melt it up. Makes an ideal kneaded eraser. Will change into stiff when it cools again down from the heat of your fingers, so it requires kneading earlier than use. You should utilize this to your benefit, although – utilizing it as each a stable eraser and putty eraser. It may well maintain its form extraordinarily effectively for erasing the tiniest areas): https://amzn.to/3dru1nj
– Pentel Hello-Polymer Eraser (Fast to knead. Considerably crumbly putty. Wants some adhesive to repair crumbliness. Makes a superb kneaded eraser): https://amzn.to/35H5s26
– Dixon HB Pencil from dollarstore, latex-free (Takes some effort to knead. Not crumbly, however feels drier than all of the stable erasers listed above. Works higher with out adhesive, however it’s fairly stiff. Makes a superb kneaded eraser after you combine it with some graphite): https://amzn.to/2WIs92a
– Random white eraser from an previous pencil case. I most likely have not used it in like 12 years (It was so stiff that it did not even really feel like rubber (It nonetheless labored anyway. I used to be capable of rapidly type it right into a putty with none adhesive. Makes a superb kneaded eraser)
– Paw Patrol Eraser from dollarstore (Fast to knead. Crumbly putty. Wants some adhesive. Makes a superb kneaded eraser)
– PaperMate Pink Pearl Latex/PVC-Free Eraser (Extraordinarily crumbly. Wants numerous adhesive to change into putty. Makes a mediocre kneaded eraser as a result of it requires a lot adhesive with a purpose to be a good putty eraser, that it may be tough to mould into sure shapes with out it sticking to my fingers and it adjustments form too simply after I erase – you possibly can observe this on the 4:13 mark. In the event you do not want it to erase tremendous high quality particulars, it should do a superb job): https://amzn.to/2SMryLx
– Studio HB Pencil from dollarstore (Outcomes have been just like the Pink Pearl eraser. Makes a mediocre kneaded eraser)
✏️ MY FAVORITE STORE-BOUGHT KNEADED ERASER
I used this for some comparability pictures.
– Prismacolor Kneaded Eraser (My favourite model. I am not sponsored by them. A NEW kneaded eraser will must be damaged into by including some graphite particles and kneading it effectively to get it to melt up): https://amzn.to/33VEnYt
⏰ SKIP TO TIMESTAMP ⏰
0:00 – Intro
0:16 – How one can make a kneaded eraser
1:02 – How one can make putty out of a CRUMBLY eraser
2:23 – Two strategies to repair stiff/barely crumbly putty
3:38 – Testing newly made kneaded eraser
5:14 – How one can make crumbs FASTER
🔔 Subscribe for extra FREE drawing tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/consumer/RapidFireArt?sub_confimation=1
🧰 MY CAMERA EQUIPMENT
Digicam and lens for Macro Closeups from the facet (Sony a 5000):
👕 RFA STORE:
📢 In the event you loved this video, assist others take pleasure in it by including captions in your native language. Thanks! – http://www.youtube.com/timedtext_video?v=qWJe-bL7G94&ref=share
This content material accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. In the event you resolve to make a purchase order by means of the hyperlink, I’ll make a small fee at no extra price to you. This helps fund free tutorials on the RFA channel and web site. Thanks to your help!